this was adorable
***SPOILERS FOLLOW*** ***LOTS OF SPOILERS***
Tonight’s mid-season finale for Arrow was great! I really enjoy the way the series has embraced it’s comic book roots. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. may have it beat on production values, but they often feel stilted and not quite in the full Marvel universe. Arrow is FUN! Just look at what we got in this one episode:
- An awesome battle with the super strong Cyrus Gold, that ends with his death??? or was it the possible origin of Solomon Grundy?!
- We learn more about Brother Blood and his evil schemes, including the fact that he isn’t the leader he seemed, but instead it is revealed the real threat is…
- Slade Wilson! He’s alive and looking like he walked straight out of a comic book panel and with the voice I’ve always imagined. Deathstroke lives!
- Roy Harper (a.k.a. Speedy, or Arsenal, or Red Arrow, or Red Hood) continues fumbling around and even gets himself killed for minute or two. However Green Arrow saves him. I was waiting for a CPR moment but I guess that would have been too much. However, I don’t know what they’re doing with the character. He has super powers now?!
- That lead to the highlight of the episode! Green Arrow gets a new mask!
- Hmm… seems there was one other little occurrence. Oh yes, Barry Allen gets hit with chemically enhanced, particle accelerated, lightning! BARRY ALLEN IS NOW THE FLASH!
God, I needed a cigarette after tonight’s episode. We don’t have to wait long for Arrow to return in January, but think we won’t see Barry Allen as The Flash until his new series begins.
Exactly what I was thinking… Tonight’s episode was AMAZING and I CANNOT WAIT FOR JANUARY 15TH!!! Ugh the wait is gonna take forever…
But who excited that Q-Tip & Busta mixtape though?
Justice League by Ed Benes
The Justice League from Young Justice
Rose Wilson-The Ravenger
Teen Titans Go!
I need to get out more.
So I can see more.
Possibly fuck more.